Friday, October 29, 2010

GUESS WHAT?!

Tara, from the Arthritis Foundation, called me just a little bit ago and asked if Wesley and I would be interested in going with her to the WHOI news studio in Peoria on November 11th and then to WBNQ radio in Bloomington on November 12th to help spread the news on the Jingle Bell Run and also to help raise awareness on JRA! How great is that? I have to admit that I am really nervous about it, but I am also very excited that we are able to help get the word out! When we first became involved with the Arthritis Foundation, I never would have thought that it would have come this far for us... it's just AMAZING! I guess it is also kind of surreal and bittersweet. I wish I would be talking of "winning the lottery" or something, but yet I will be speaking of our sick child. Oh well. I have to keep a positive outlook and look at the fact that we are doing a great thing for so many kids struggling with this disease out there. We will share Wesley's story so that no child will ever feel alone battling this disease...

"Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." --Robert Schuller

No comments:

Post a Comment