Friday, April 1, 2011

A set back...

Hello everyone! Our Cincinnati appointment is approaching quickly! Next week on April 8th, we will be heading back for a check up with Rheumatology to see how Wesley is progressing. We tend to look forward to these trips since it's a different environment and gets us away a little while, even though, the reality of this disease sets in quickly as we walk through the halls of the Childrens Hospital and you are surrounded by sick children. It really makes me grateful for each day that I have with my family.

Wesley has been out of school almost all week. My poor boy has developed pneumonia and has been very ill. He perked up a little yesterday from all of the extra meds they put him on to help his lungs, so I am hoping that when he wakes today, he will feel a little better! This JRA is really taking a toll on the little guy both physically and mentally and it makes me sad. He is a huge source of inspiration for me and I know for others who follow his story too. Wesley didn't choose to have this disease, God chose him to battle this... for reasons I am still trying to figure out. I know that he is a strong, kind hearted little boy who loves to help others and who tries every day to make life a little easier on any one that he comes in contact with. He has the biggest heart of anyone I know!

Today we are going to "Pay it forward" for a special girl who I went to school with who is battling for her life after a Stage 4 cancer diagnosis. She is around my age and has a new family. So, in honor of her and my son and what they are having to go through on a daily basis... I am going to buy someone's gas and lunch and leave behind a note saying "In honor of" and leave her name and Wesley's name. Life is too short and we never know what tomorrow will bring. For those of you reading this, please join in me as we think of those who aren't as healthy as we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment