Saturday, June 18, 2011

One step forward... two steps back.

Wesley's arthritis is back. He goes to physical therapy 3 times a week for an hour at a time and the physical therapist noticed fluid coming back in his right knee. Wesley has complained the past three mornings and seemed stiff, but I really didn't think much of it since he was considered to be in medical remission. I sure was wrong. It's so frustrating and sad to see this disease ravishing his body. We go back to Cincinnati on the 29th for his July 1st appt, so I am really eager to see what his rheumatologist will say and do now. I put a call in yesterday and he wants him to start back on anti-inflammatory medication until we get there.

On a "good" note, last night was injection night for Wesley. For the first time, he asked me if he could give himself his shot. I agreed and he did an amazing job! I helped him to prep his injection spot and I filled the syringe and he stuck it right in his little thigh with no hesitation! I almost started crying, but I held it in. I had gestational diabetes that was insulin dependent when I was pregnant with Wes and Leigha and I couldn't even give myself my shot and there was my 6 yr old little boy giving himself a dose of chemotherapy. He amazes me with his strength and determination to try to beat this disease. We will never give ip this fight until a cure is found and my little boy and all of the other sweet little kids stop suffering.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Wesley and Family
    My name is Jenna and i came across your site. Wesley is an amazing, strong, courageous and determined fighter. He is an earthly angel, and a miracle. He is a brave warrior, smilen champ and an inspirational hero. He is a Special and precious gift. i was born with a rare life threatening bone disease, that effects all of my bone joints, I have Fibromyalgia, Osteo Arthritis in my hands and arms, Just diagnosed with Arthritis in my left leg but he is not an arthritis doctor, and of course doesn't know what kind. My leg swells up every time I walk, and I can't walk on it and it is painful. I also have burcitis and tendonitis. I love it when people sign my guestbook. www.miraclechamp.webs.com

    ReplyDelete